- 500 g dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup fruit juice of your choice
- 1 cups self raising flour (1 cup all-purpose flour + 1/2 tsp salt + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- Place mixed dried fruit in a saucepan and pour over 1 cup of fruit juice. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 130°C / 265°F.
- Stir flour into soaked fruit and mix well. Add more juice if the mixture is too dry.
- Spoon mixture into a 17 cm cake tin, lined with baking paper. Bake for 2 hours or until cooked through.
- Remove and leave to cool. Wrap in tin foil or place in an airtight container.