Healthy, filling and delicious, perfect grab & go breakfast or a quick snack idea.
APPLE-BANANA ENERGY BARS
- 1, 5 cups oats
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries…)
- 1/4 seeds/chopped nuts
- 1 apple – chopped
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 Tbsp olive/coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat your oven to 190 degrees C.
- Add the chopped apples to a food processor & pulse until are finely chopped and turned ‘mushy’.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients: oil, syrup, vanilla, while mixing add the diced apples & mashed banana.
- Mix the oats, dried fruit, seed/nuts, salt & cinnamon in a separate bowl before adding the wet ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a baking tin lined with baking paper & bake 15-20 min until golden.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars & enjoy!