Pumpkin Spice Cake is super easy, moist and incredibly delicious! FULL of flavors from pumpkin, pecans, and spices. If you’re a pumpkin lover or know of one, this simple recipe will definitely be a winner. Serve with ice cream and we promise you’ll be in heaven.Recipe is shared by our lovely foodie friend Julan Yatra and it is adopted from her Cuban family tradition.
- 1 cup and 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup oil (coconut oil / any soft oil)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup sugar (regular / coconut)
- ½ cup chopped pecans (and peanuts if you like)
- 1 ½ cups very hot water
- Preheat oven to 175 - 180 C / 360 F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In another bowl stir pumpkin puree, milk, oil, sugar and syrup and vanilla.
- Mix well. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and mix to create a thick batter. Pour in an already prepared baking tray.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar and pecans together. Spread over the top of batter evenly. Pour hot water over the entire dish without stirring and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 - 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream!
Watch how to make this recipe:
My professional name is Julan Yatra, I am an ayurvedic doctor and a ayurvedic cook, I specialise myself in healthy medical food – how you can heal yourself with the food and you don’t harm yourself with food – you can eat nice, you can eat rich and healthy. I enjoy a lot vegan cooking and vegetarian cooking in general. To be able to get beautiful flavor with healthy vegan ingredients, for me is amazing. I am working at the Govinda’s restaurant in south of Tenerife, Playa de las Americas. We do vegan/vegetarian cooking, where we do focus on vegan cooking.