This vegan savory wrap / burger is oven baked – crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Seaweed helps to bring that fishy flavour and meaty texture while leaving our fishy friends in the ocean! 😉
- 2 leeks
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 one red hot chili pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 100 g dried seaweed
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup water
- Black salt
- Himalayan salt
- 150 g cooked beans (black eyed peas / black beans)
- 150 g fresh mushrooms
- Soak dried seaweed in a large bowl of warm water until it is tender.
- Roughly cut up the onion, garlic, leek, red pepper, red hot chili pepper and mushrooms. And add them in a food processor. Pulse it a few times to mix it up nicely.
- Add seaweed and blend until all ingredients are well combined but there is still some texture.
- In a separate bowl mix chickpea flour and water.
- Combine all ingredients (chopped vegetables, beans, chickpea mixture, white flour and salt) In a big bowl.
- Form mix into burgers and place them onto an oiled baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 – 30 minutes at 200 °C.
- Serve in a burger buns or wrap bread with some vegan mayonnaise and ketchup.