Stuffed with creamy, scrambled tofu “eggs,” spinach, and avocado, these breakfast quesadillas are packed with protein and flavor. It’s a very fun brunch option for the plant-based food lovers.
- TOFU SCRAMBLED EGGS:
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 200 g tofu, firm or extra firm, drained and pressed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kala namak
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 3 Tbsp soy milk
- CASHEW CREAM:
- handful of cashews + 100 – 150 ml hot water
- 3/4 avocado, sliced
- 2/3 cup spinach leaves
- 8 10-inch tortilla
- FOR SERVING (optional):
- Avocado, sliced
- Roasted tomatoes
- Parsley, chopped
- CASHEW CREAM: Place the cashews in a medium bowl and add 100 – 150 ml hot water. Set aside for at least 15 minutes. Than blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 3 minutes. Stop scrape down the sides of the blender and process again for 1 minute.
- TOFU SCRAMBLED EGGS: Heat two teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until it’s translucent and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble the tofu and add it the pan along, along with salt, kala namak, pepper, turmeric, and soy milk, and mix everything together. Let the moisture cook away and then add cashew cream.
- QUESADILLAS: Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add one teaspoon of oil and place 1 tortilla in the pan and top half of the tortilla with some spinach, avocado and tofu scrambled eggs. Cover with another tortilla and press down softly.
- Cook on medium heat. When the bottom is golden brown and crispy, oil the top, flip the quesadilla and brown on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, tofu scrambled eggs, avocado and spinach.
- Serve with some roasted tomatoes, avocado slices and garnish with parsley, if desired.
GET FREE ANDREA’S COOKBOOK
Discover how easy it is to prepare wholefood plant based breakfasts that are quickly made, cheap but nutritious and healthy. Days full of energy start with what you put in your mouth – so let’s go; let’s live life to the fullest! Get your free breakfast book now! https://mailchi.mp/c00706594746/free-plant-based-breakfast-book
“I just wanna help you to feel awesome. Life is easy and eating healthy is too. You just have to make it that way. I wanna share how to cook plant based nutritious goodies in no time and with minimal effort. Weight-loss, healthy skin from inside out, more energy, lust and luster just happen to come along. “
- Plant Based Chef
- Soon to be Ecological Dietary and Nutrition Advisor
- Holistic Skincare Therapist
- Full-Time Traveller
- Contributing Blogger at A Different Life