This vegan pistachio pesto is a twist on traditional pesto by switching pistachios for pine nuts. Nutritious, flavourful and very fast. Great for pasta dinner or on freshly baked bread.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1- 2 tb nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Whole-wheat vegan pasta
- Cook the pasta to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking add all the ingredients* (except the oil) into a food processor and process.
- Slowly add in oil while processing and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.